Mr. Daggett obtained his law degree from the University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law. He is the managing partner of Hiroshima Daggett. His practice focuses primarily on litigation with an emphasis in the defense of employment and personal injury matters for a wide range of individuals, for-profit, and nonprofit entities. Mr. Daggett has developed a specialty in representing nonprofit religious organizations and nonprofit schools. He provides guidance to such organizations on employment, legal compliance, contracts, policy, risk management, and serves as general counsel to hundreds of private schools from the preschool to college and university level.
Jon Daggett is a graduate from the University of California, Riverside with a B.A.and the University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law.
A significant portion of Mr. Daggett’s practice and experience has been spent in the area of education law, where Mr. Daggett serves as general counsel to over one hundred private schools from the preschool to college and university level and provides day to day guidance and advice on a wide range of topics relevant to day-to-day operations and litigation prevention. Mr. Daggett is a frequent lecturer both nationally and internationally on a variety of topics impacting his non-profit clients, particularly in the areas of litigation prevention, prevention of sexual misconduct and harassment, compassionately addressing legal complexities arising in the areas of sexual orientation gender identity, and the identification and prevention of child abuse.
Mr. Daggett lectures nationally approximately 6 to 12 times per year for clients and other interested organizations on a range of topics affecting for profit and nonprofit organizations and schools. Representative topics include:
- Identification and Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
- Responding to Child Sexual Abuse Claims and Best Practices for Mandated Reporting and Crisis Management
- School Liability and Litigation Prevention
- Legal Developments affecting Nonprofit Religious Organizations
- Sexual and Workplace Harassment Identification and Prevention
- Fiduciary Duties of Nonprofit Board Members
- Title IX Legal Developments and Compliance for Higher Ed. Legal Developments and Best Practices in the Area of Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Employment Litigation Prevention. Risk Management
- Conducting Effective Workplace Investigations